10/16 – Key-Worker / Coordinator Training
Event Coordinator: Jessica Dail
Training will be held at 11AM in Building 2102 (IESB), NACA dining room (next to the cafeteria).
**Key-Worker Training Slides will be posted after the training.
10/18 – CFC Kickoff and Cake Cutting
Location: Building 2102 (IESB), Lobby Area
Come join the CFC team and your fellow employees from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. to celebrate the start of the new CFC campaign with cake. It’s going to be one sweet Wednesday and a sweet way to start off this year’s CFC campaign!
11/1 – Chili Cook-off
Chili Cook-off Event Coordinator – Susan McClain
Temperatures outside may be cooling down but the CFC is just getting warmed up. On November 1st, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Reid Conference Center (Building 2102), we’ll hold our annual CFC Chili Cook-off and we’re looking for the best Chili Chefs. We are looking for your participation either as a team offering their “special” chili or as an aficionado of chili ready to eat chili, peruse the entries, and vote for your favorite chili (or team).
There will be a panel of distinguished culinary experts judging the entries for chili-snob bragging rights and you can help select the “2017 People’s Choice Award” winner by voting early and often.
So, dig out your chili recipes and come out for a few hours of friendly (or maybe not so friendly) competition and (always friendly) charitable giving. To enter your chili cook-off team, contact Susan McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few specifics follow regarding the event:
- Each team will be provided with a 6-foot table unless requested otherwise (requests for extra tables can be made to Andrea Magruder)
- Teams should bring their own power cords. Due to restrictions in the Reid, only 1 crockpot can be plugged in per table at a time. The power cords must be a 16 gauge extension cord not to exceed 50 ft. Because of the limits on electrical outlets, we recommend that the chili be heated when brought to the Reid
- Teams should bring their own table covers, cups for tasting, spoons, napkins, serving utensils and a container for donations. Teams should also provide any condiments.
- No balloons or confetti can be used to decorate
- Chili tables will be available at 9:00 am to begin set up for the 11:00 am start
- Teams should bring cleanup item such as paper towels, cleaner, etc.; cleanup should directly follow the event